The next is Biſhopſgate warde, whereof a parte is without the gate and of the ſuburbes from the barres, by S. Mary Spittle, to Biſhopſgate, and a part of Houndsditch, almoſt halfe thereof, alſo without the wall is of the ſame Warde. Then within the gate is Biſhopſgate ſtreete, ſo called of the gate, to a Pumpe, where ſometime was a fayre wel with two buckets by the Eaſt ende of the parriſh Church of S. Martin Otoſwich, and then winding by the Weſt corner of Leaden hall down Graſſe ſtreet to the corner ouer againſt Graffe Church, and this is the boundes of that Warde.
- Stow, John. A Survey of London. Reprinted from the Text of 1603. Ed. Charles Lethbridge Kingsford. 2 vols. Oxford: Clarendon, 1908. [Also available as a reprint from Elibron Classics (2001). Articles written before 2011 cite from the print edition by volume and page number.]
Last modification: 2016-02-27 17:20:00 -0800 (Sat, 27 Feb 2016) (jtakeda)