MoEML has not yet added content for this page. The editors welcome solicited contributions from qualified authors. For more information see Contribute to MoEML.
- On the Agas Map, the polygon for Botolph’s Wharf is just outside and to the west of Billingsgate Ward, placing it in Bridge Within Ward. However, all evidence suggests that Botolph’s Wharf was in Billingsgate Ward. MoEML is aware that the ward boundaries are incorrect for a number of wards. We are working on redrawing the boundaries. (JT)
- For more information about early modern attitudes towards
- Harben, Henry. A Dictionary of London. London: Henry Jenkins, 1918. British History Online. Reprint. Open.
- Hitchcock, Tim, Robert Shoemaker, Clive Emsley, Sharon Howard, and Jamie McLaughlin. The Old Bailey Proceedings Online, 1674-1913. Open. [We link to the direct page by date in the parenthetical citation.]
- Howell, James. Londinopolis, an historicall discourse or perlustration of the city of London, the imperial chamber, and chief emporium of Great Britain whereunto is added another of the city of Westminster, with the courts of justice, antiquities, and new buildings thereunto belonging. London, 1657. Wing H3090. Reprint. EEBO.
- Loftie, William John. London. London: Longmans, Green and Co., 1887. Hathi Trust. Open.
- London Archaeological Archive and Research Centre (LAARC). Open.
- Norris, Beth.
London Aliens.The Map of Early Modern London. Ed. Janelle Jenstad. University of Victoria. Open.
- Pepys, Samuel. Diary. 1659-1669. Ed. Henry B. Wheatley. London: George Bell and Sons, York St. Covent Carden, 1893. Project Gutenberg. Open.
Schofield, John, and Jacqueline Pearce.
Thomas Soane’s Buildings near Billingsgate, London, 1640-66.Post-Medieval Archaeology 43.2 (2009): 282-341. Open.
- Stow, John. A Survey of London. Reprinted from the Text of 1603. Ed. Charles Lethbridge Kingsford. 2 vols. Oxford: Clarendon, 1908. [Also available as a reprint from Elibron Classics (2001). Articles written before 2011 cite from the print edition by volume and page number.]
Last modification: 2016-05-27 14:37:29 -0700 (Fri, 27 May 2016) (tlandels)