Trinity Lane ran north-south between Old Fish Street (Knightrider Street) and Thames Street, between Garlick Hill and Huggin Lane, entirely in the ward of Queenhithe. On the Agas map, it is labelled
At the northeast end of Trinity Lane stood the church of Holy Trinity the Less (also known as Holy Trinity, Queenhithe). The Painter-Stainers’ company hall stood on the west side of the street (Stow), where the Painters’ Hall stands today.
Now known as Little Trinity Lane, the street is connected on the north end to Great Trinity Lane. At its south end, it takes an eastward jog under an office block to Garlick Hill and Skinners’ Lane. Mansion House station can be accessed from Little Trinity Lane.
- Stow, John. A Survey of London. Reprinted from the Text of 1603. Ed. Charles Lethbridge Kingsford. 2 vols. Oxford: Clarendon, 1908. [Also available as a reprint from Elibron Classics (2001). Articles written before 2011 cite from the print edition by volume and page number.]
Last modification: 2016-05-27 14:37:29 -0700 (Fri, 27 May 2016) (tlandels)