Donate to MoEML
Bring Shakespeare’s London to Life
MoEML is a project of firsts. The MoEML team is building the world‘s first digital anthology of all four editions of John Stow’s Survey of London, the first complete anthology of London’s mayoral shows, the first gazetteer of early modern London street and site name variants, and the first digital edition of the Agas map. Together these resources help students and scholars around the world understand the spaces and places where Shakespeare and his contemporaries lived and worked.
MoEML makes these resources freely available to anyone with an Internet connection. We are an open-access, open-code, open-documentation project. We make our code visible and searchable. We publish our project documentation in order to be completely transparent about our work practices, editorial choices, and encoding decisions. We help other teachers around the world give innovative learning opportunities to their students via our pedagogical partnerships. We provide a publication venue for interdisciplinary research by junior scholars, graduate students, and even undergraduate students.
In April 2016, people in 87 countries viewed 208,000 MoEML pages. Many visitors are redirected from libraries and course webpages. We know we’re making a difference, but our work does cost money.
MoEML generates no revenue. The team relies on grants from scholarly funding agencies and donations from people like you.
Where Your Donation Will Go
100% of your donation will go towards paying the undergraduate and graduate students who work for MoEML.
$25 will allow us to:
- write a short abstract for a new location
- research and encode biographical data for seven early modern people
- capture and encode the bibliographic styling of four quarto pages of a mayoral pageant book
- record and research the people, locations, and dates in two quarto pages of Stow’s Survey
- proofread 15 entries in our historical personography
- encode the toponyms or people in half a ward of Stow
- complete weekly site maintenance
- input, encode, and format a new set of dramatic extracts from a single play
- record and research the people, locations, and dates in eight pages of Stow’s Survey
- add Agas Map coordinates for all the locations in an entire early modern ward
- encode a new library text of up to ten quarto pages and mark up toponyms therein
- support an additional pedagogical partnership
- transcribe, encode, and correct a new mayoral show
- compile, proof, encode, and provide metadata in order to complete and publish our mapography (a list of 92 maps from 1500-1700)
How to Donate
You can donate to MoEML by sending a cheque to:
Ms. Katherine Blake
Development Office, Humanities
Faculty of Humanities
University of Victoria
PO Box 3045
Victoria, BC V8W 3P4
Make the cheque out to University of Victoria. In the Memo line write Map of Early Modern London. Include a note indicating whether or not you wish to remain anonymous.
You can donate to MoEML through the University of Victoria‘s English Department by clicking here. If you live in Canada or the US, the University will issue you a tax receipt for all donations of at least $25.
Once you reach the donation page complete the following steps:
- Enter the amount you wish to donate.
- Under Designation, click the drop-down menu and select Map of Early Modern London.
- Under Additional Information, select whether you wish this to be a one-time gift or a recurring gift. The other selections under this heading are optional.
- Fill out the information requested under Billing Information and Payment Information.
- Click Donate Now.
How We Acknowledge Your Donation
If you provided an e-mail address, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your donation from the University of Victoria. If you have questions about the transaction or about your tax receipt, contact email@example.com. You will also find additional contact information for UVic’s Development Office at the top of the donation page.
If your name is forwarded to the MoEML team, we will write to you to express our gratitude. Donors who give $500+ will receive a MoEML mug.
Unless you choose to donate anonymously, we will publish your name on the site.
Last modification: 2016-06-16 15:12:43 -0700 (Thu, 16 Jun 2016) (mholmes)