St. Mary Magdalen, Aldgate
St. Mary Magdalen, Aldgatewas an old parish church absorbed by Holy Trinity Priory in 1108. According to Stow, the church was begun by Siredus (Stow). It should not be confused with the Chapel of St. Mary Magdalen, Guildhall, St. Mary Magdalen, Milk Street or St. Mary Magdalen, Old Fish Street.
This article is a stub. The editors are seeking a full-length encyclopedia-style entry for this item. To contribute, see Contribute to MoEML.
- Stow, John. A Survey of London. Reprinted from the Text of 1603. Ed. Charles Lethbridge Kingsford. 2 vols. Oxford: Clarendon, 1908. Reprint. British History Online. Subscription. [Kingsford edition, courtesy of The Centre for Metropolitan History. Articles written 2011 or later cite from this searchable transcription. In the in-text parenthetical reference (Stow; BHO), click on BHO to go directly to the page containing the quotation or source.]
Last modification: 2016-05-27 14:37:29 -0700 (Fri, 27 May 2016) (tlandels)