286
NExt vnto Bredstréet Warde, on the South side
therof, is Quéen Hithe Ward, so called of a wa
ter gate, or harborow for Boates, Lighters and
Barges, and was of olde time for shippes, at
what time, the timber bridge of London was
drawne vp, for the passage of them to the saide
Hithe, as to a principall strand for landing and
vnlading against the middest and hart of the
Citie. This Warde beginneth in the East, in Knightriders stréete,
on the South side thereof, at the East ende of the Parish church cal
led the holy Trinitie, and runneth West on the South side to a lane
called Lambert hill, which is the length of the Warde in Knightri
ders stréete
, out of the which stréet are diuers Lanes, running South
to Thames stréete, and are of this Warde: the first is Trinitie
Lane
, which runneth downe by the West end of Trinitie Church.
Then is Spuren Lane, or Sporners Lane, now called Huggen
Lane
. Then Bredstréet hill. Then S. Mary Mounthaunt: out of the
which Lane, on the East side thereof, is one other Lane, turning
East, through S. Nicholas Olaues Church yard, to Bredstréete hill.
This Lane is called Finimore Lane or fiue foote Lane, because it is
but fiue foote in breadth at the West ende: In the middest of this
lane, runneth downe one other lane broader, South to Thames
stréete
, I thinke the same to be called Desboorne Lane, for I reade,
of such a Lane to haue bin in the parish of Mary Summerset, in the
two and twentieth yeare of Edward the 3. where there is saide to
lye betwéene the Tenement of Edward de Mountaoute Knight, on
the East part, and the tenement sometime pertaining to William
Gladwine
on the West, one plot of ground, containing in length to
wards Thames stréete 25. foote &c.
Last of all, haue you Lambart hill Lane, so called of one Lambart an
owner thereof: and this is the furthest West part of this Warde.
On the North side comming downe from Knightriders stréete, the
East

287
East side of Lambards hill, is wholely of this Warde: and the west
side, from the North end of the Black-smithes Hall (which is about
the middest of this Lane) vnto Thames Stréete. Then part of
Thames stréete, is also of this Warde, to wit, from a Cookes house
called the signe of King Dauid, thrée houses West, from the olde
Swan Brewhouse
in the East, vnto Huntington house, ouer a
gainst Saint Peters Church in the West, neare vnto Powles
Wharffe
. And on the land side from a Cookes house called the blew
Boore
, to the West ende of Saint Peters Church, and vp Saint
Peters Hill
, two houses North aboue the saide Church. And
these bee the boundes of this Warde: in which, are Parish
Churches seuen, Halles of Companies two, and other Orna
ments, as shall he shewed.
First, in Knightriders stréete, is the small Parish Church of
the holy Trinitie
, very olde and in daunger of downe falling: col
lections haue béene made for the repairing thereof, but they will
not stretch to farre, and therefore it leaneth vpon proppes or stilts.
Monuments are therein none. Towards the West ende of
Knightriders stréete, is the Parish Church of S. Nicholas Colde
Abbey
, a comely Church, somewhat auncient, as appeareth by the
wayes raised thereabout: it hath béene called of many, Golden
Abbey
, of some Colde Abbey, and so hath the most auncien
test writing: but I could neuer learne the cause why it should bee
so called, and therefore I will let it passe. There bee monuments in
this Church, of Andrew Awbery Grocer, Mayor, and Thomas
Fryar
Fishmoonger, in the yeare 1351. who gaue to this Church
and parish one plot of ground, containing fiftie six foote in length,
and fortie thrée foote in breadth, at both endes to be a buriall place for
the dead of the said Parish, the twentie sixt of Edward the third. Also
Thomas Madefrey Clarke, and Iohn Pylot, gaue to the Wardens
of that Parish, one shop, and a house in Distar lane, for the continu
al repairing of the bodie of that church, the belles and Ornaments
the twentieth of Richard the 2. buried there Iohn Calfe, & William
Cogeshall
, Walter Turke Fishmoonger Mayor, 1349. Richard
Esgastone
Fishmoonger, 1400. Richard Walberge Fishmoonger,
1407. Thomas Padington Fishmoonger, 1485. Robert Hary
Fishmoonger, and others.
On

288
On the North side of this church in the Wall thereof, was of late
builded a conuenient Cistern of stone and lead, for receit of Thames
water, conueyed in pipes of leade to that place, for the ease and com
moditie of the Fishmoongers, and other inhabitants, in and about
olde Fishstréete. Barnard Randolphe common Seriant of the cittie
of London, did in his life time deliuer to the company of Fishmoon
gers
, the sum of nine hundred, pound, to bee imployed towards the
conducting of the said Thames water, and sisterning the same, &c.
In the parishes of S. Mary Magdalen, and S. Nicholas Colde Ab
bay
neare vnto Fishstréete, seuen hundred pound, and other two
hundred pound to charitable déedes: he deceased, 1583. and shortly
after, this conduit with the other, was made and finished.
In Trinitie Lane, on the west side thereof, is the Painter stay
ners Hall
, for so of olde time were they called, but now that worke
manship of stayning is departed out of vse in England Lower down
in Trinitie Lane on the East side thereof, was sometime a great
Messuage pertaining vnto Iohn Earle of Cornwell,
Earle of Corn
well his house.
in the foure
teenth of Edward the third
. On Bredstréet hill down to the Thames
on both sides, bee diuers faire houses, inhabited by Fishmoongers,
Chéesemoongers, and Marchants of diuers trades. On the West
side whereof, is the parish church of S. Nicholas Oliue, a conueni
ent church, hauing the monumēts of William Newport Fishmoon
ger, one of the Sheriffes 1375. Richard Willowes Parson 1391.
Richard Sturges Fishmoonger 1470. Thomas Lewen Ironmoon
ger, one of the Sheriffes 1537. who gaue his messuage with LATIN SMALL LETTER Y WITH LATIN SMALL LETTER E ABOVEy purte
nances, wherein he dwelt, with fourtéene Tenements in the saide
Parish of S. Nicholas, to be had after the decease of Agnes his wife,
to the Ironmoongers, and they to giue stipends appointed to Almes
men, in fiue houses by them builded in the church yard of that parish:
more to poore schollers in Oxford and Camebridge, &c. Blitheman,
an excellent Orgainest of the Quéenes Chapell, lyeth buried there
with an Epitaphe, 1591, &c. The next is olde Fishstréet hill, a Lane
so called, which also runneth downe to Thames stréete. In this lane
on the East side thereof, is The special character yͤ (LATIN SMALL LETTER Y WITH LATIN SMALL LETTER E ABOVE) does not display on all browsers and has been replaced by its simplified form.ye one end of Finimore on Fiue foote lane.
On the West side of this old Fishstréete hill, is the Bishop of Here
fordes
Inne or lodging
: an auncient house, and large roomes builded
of stone and timber, which sometime belonged to the Mounthaunts
in

289
in Norfolke. Radulphus de Maydenstone, Bishop of Hereford,
about 1234. bought it of the Mounthaunts, and gaue it to the
Bishoppes of Hereforde, his successors. Charles both Chan
cellour of the Marches, Bishoppe of Hereforde, about the yeare
1517. repaired it, since the which time, the same is greatly rui
nated, and is now diuided into many small tenements: the Hall and
principall roomethes, are an house to make Suger loues, &c. Next
adioyning, is the parish Church of S. Mary de Mounte Alto, or
Mounthaunte, this is a very small church, and at the first builded to
be a chapple for the saide house of the Mounthaunts, and for Te
nements thereunto belonging. The Bishop of Hereford is Patron
thereof. Monuments in this church of Iohn Glocester Alder
man, 1345. who gaue Salt Wharfe for two Chanteries there.
There was sometime a faire house in the said parish of Saint Mary
Mounthaunte
, belonging to Robert Belkenape,
Robert Belke
nape
his house
giuen to Wil.
Wickam
.
one of the
Kings Iustices, but the said Belknape being banished this realme,
King Richard the second, in the 12. of his raigne, gaue it to Wil
liam Wickham
bishop of Winchester.
On the East side of this Olde Fishstréete Hill, is one
One old Hall
of the fish
mongers
.
Fishmongers
Hallmotes, six
in number.
great
house now letten out for rent, which house sometime was one
of the Halles pertaining to the Company of Fishmongers, at such
time as they had six Hallmotes or méeting places: namely, twaine
in Bridge stréete, or new Fish stréet, twaine in old Fish stréet, wher
of this was one: and twain in Stockfishmonger Row,
Pattents.
or Thames
stréete
, as appeareth by a Record the 22. of Richard the 2.
Next Westward, is one other Lane called Lambard Hill, the
East side whereof, is wholly of this Warde, and but halfe the west
side: to wit, from the North end of the blacke Smithes Hall. Then
in Thames stréete of this Warde, on the North side ouer against
the Quéenes Hithe, is the Parrish church of S. Michæll, a con
uenient church, but all the Monuments therein are defaced.
I finde that Stphen Spilman, Gentleman of that Family
in Norfolke, sometime Mearcer, Chamberlaine of London, then
one of the Sheriffes and Alderman, in the yeare 1404. decea
sing without issue, gaue his landes to his Family the Spilmans,
and his goods to the making or repairing of Bridges and other
like godly vses: And amongst others to this church, and was bu
ried in the Quire.
U
Also

290
Also Richard Marlowe Ironmoonger Mayor, 1409. gaue 20
pound to the poore of that Warde, and ten Markes to the church.
Richard Gray Ironmoonger Alderman, one of the Sheriffes 1515
gaue fortie pound to that church, and was buried there. At the west
ende of that church goeth vp a lane, called Pyellane. On the same
North side, at the South ende of Saint Mary Mounthaunt Lane,
is the parish church of Saint Mary Summerset, ouer against the
broken Wharffe: it is a proper church, but the Monuments are
all defaced. I thinke the same to bee of olde time called Summers
Hithe
, of some mans name that was owner of the ground neare
adioyning, as Edreds Hithe was, so called of Edred owner
thereof, and Sythence called Quéene Hithe, as pertaining to the
Quéene, &c.
Then is a small Parish church of S. Peter, called Parua or
Little, vpon the Thames, neare vnto Powles wharffe: In this
church no Monuments do remaine. At the UUest ende thereof, is
a Lane called Saint Peters hill, but two houses vp that lane, on the
East side, is of this UUarde, and the rest is of Castle Baynarde
UUarde
.
On the South side of Thames stréete, beginning againe in
the East, among the Cookes: The first in this Warde, is the signe
of Dauid the King
: then is Townes end lane, turning downe to
the Thames. Then is Quéene Hithe, a large receptackle for ships,
lighters, barges, and such other vesselles.
Touching the Antiquitie and
Edreds Hithe
or Quene
Hithe
.
This text has been supplied. Reason: Omitted from the original text due to a printing or typesetting error. Evidence: The text has been supplied based on guesswork. (SM)L1iber trinitate
vse of this gate and Hithe, first I
finde, that of olde time the same belonged to one named Edred, and
was then called Edreds Hithe, which since falling to the hands of
King Stephen, it was by his Charter confirmed to William Dey
pre
: the firme whereof in Fée and in heritage, William Deypre
gaue it vnto the Prior and Couent of the holy Trinitie within Ald
gate
, as appeareth by this Charter. To Theobald by the grace of
God Archbishop of Canterburie, Primate of England, and Legate
Apostolike, to the Bishop of London, and to all faithfull people,
Clarkes, and laye men, William Deypre sendeth gréeting.
Know ye me to haue giuen and graunted to God, and to the
Church of the Holy Trinitie of London, to the Pryor and Cannons
there

291
there seruing God, in perpetuall almes, Edreds Hithe with the ap
purtenances, with such deuotion, that they shall send euery yeare
twentie pound vnto the maintenance of the Hospital of S. Kathrens,
which Hospitall they haue in their hands, and 100. shillings to the
Monkes of Berdmondsey, and 60. shillings, to the brethren of the
Hospitall of Sain Gyles, and that which remaineth, the said Prior
and Cannons shall enioy to themselues: witnesses, Richard de Lu
cia
, Raphe Picot, &c.
This Edreds Hithe after
Record.
the aforesaid grants, came againe
to the Kings hands, by what meanes I haue not read, but it pertai
ned vnto the Quéene, and therefore was called Ripa Reginæ, the
Quéenes Banque, or Quéenes Hithe, and great profit thereof was
made to her vse, as may appeare by this which followeth.
King Henry the third, in the ninth of his Raigne,
Ships of the
ports arested
and forced to
bring their
corne to
Queen Hithe.
commanded
the Constables of the Tower of London, to arrest the shippes of
the Cinque Ports on the riuer of Thames, and to compell
them to bring their corne to no other place but to the Quéenes Hithe
onely.
In the eleuenth of his raigne, hee charged the saide Consta
ble to destraine any fishe offered to be solde in any place of this cittie,
but at the Quéene Hithe. Moreouer, in twentie eight of the said
Kings raigne
, an inquisition was made before William of Yorke,
Prouost of Beuerley, Henry of Bathe, and Hierome of Caxton,
Iustices Itenerants, sitting in the Tower of London, touching the
customes of Quéene Hithe, obserued in the yeare last, before the
warres, betwéene the King his father, and the Barons of England,
and of olde customes of other times, and what customes had béene
chaunged, at what time to Taxe and payment of all things com
ming thither, and betwéene woorepatheMoEML is still seeking information regarding this entry. If you have information to contribute, please email the MoEML team.

Send information
, and Anede HitheMoEML is still seeking information regarding this entry. If you have information to contribute, please email the MoEML team.

Send information
, were
found and ceased according to the olde order, as well corne and fishe
as of other things: all which customes were as well to bee obser
ued in the parte of Dounegate as in Quéene Hithe, for
Liberty of the
Queenes
Hithe
frō the
Stilyard to the
Black-Fryers.
Soke is court.
the Kings
vse. When also it was found, that the corne arriuing betwéene the
gate of Guild Hall of the Merchants of Colleyne, and the Soke of
the Archbishop of Canterburye
(for he had a house neare vnto the
Black Fryers) was not to be measured by any other quarter, then
be that of the Quéenes soke.
U2
After

292
After this, the Bayliffes of the saide Hithe complained, that since
the saide Recognision, fourtéene forraine shippes laden with Fish,
arriued at Bilnings Gate, which shippes should haue arriued at
the saide Hithe: And therefore it was ordered, that if any forraine
shippe laden with Fish, should in forme aforesaid, arriue elsewhere
then at this Hithe, it should bee at the Kings pleasure to amerce
them at 40. shillings. Notwithstanding, the shippes of the citizens
of London were at libertie to arriue where the owners would ap
point them.
After this, the saide Henry the third, confirmed the graunt of
Richard Earle of Cornwell,
Queen Hithe
let to farme to
the Maior and
Communaltie
of London.
for the Farme of the Quéene Hithe,
vnto Iohn Gisors then Mayor, and to the Communaltie of Lon
don
, and their successors for euer, as by this his Charter appeareth:
Henry by the grace of God, King of England, lord of Ireland,
Duke of Gwine, and Earle of Aniowe, to all Archbishops, &c. Be
it knowne, that we haue séene the couenant betwéene our brother
Richard Earle of Cornwell, of the one partie, and the Maior and
Communaltie of London on the other partie, which was in this
sort.
Liber trini
trte, Lon
.
In the 30. yeare of H. the sonne of King Iohn, vpon the feast
of the translation of Saint Edward at Westminster, this couenant
was made betwéene the honourable lord Richard Earle of Corn
well
, and Iohn Gisors then Mayor of London, and the Commons
thereof, concerning certaine exactions and demaunds pertaining
to the Quéene Hithe of London. The saide Earle graunted for
himselfe and his heires, that the said Mayor, and all Mayors insu
ing, and all the Commons of the citie, should haue and holde the
Quéene Hithe, with all the liberties, customes, and other appurte
nances, repaying yearly to the said Earle, his heires and assignes,
50.li. at Clarken well, at two seuerall termes: to wit, the Sunday
after Easter 25. pound. And at Michælmas 25. pound. And
for more suretis hereof, the saide Earle hath set therevnto his
seale, and left it with the Mayor. And the Mayor and Com
munaltie haue set to their seale and left it with the Earle. Where
fore we confirme and establish the said couenant, for vs, and for
our heires. Witnesses, Raphe Fitx Nicholl, Richard Gray, Iohn
and Williā Brithem, Pawlin Payner, Raphe Wancia, Ioh. Gum
band
and other: at Winsor the 26. of Febr. the 31. of our raigne.
The

293
The charge of this Quéene Hithe was then committed to the She
riffes, and so hath continued euer since, the profits whereof are sore
diminished, so that (as writeth Robert Fabian) it was woorth in
his time litle aboue 20. Markes, or 15. pounde, one yeare with an
other. Now for customes of this Quéene Hithe,
Liber consti
tution
.
in the yeare 1302.
Custome of
Queen Hithe.
the 30. of Ed. the 1. it was found by the oath of diuers men, that Ba
kers, Brewers, and others buying their corne at Quéene Hithe,
should pay for measuring, portage, and carriage for euery quarter of
corne whatsoeuer, from thence to West Cheape, to S. Anthonins
Church
, to Horshewe Bridge, and to Woolsey stréete in the Parish
of Alhallowes the lesse
, and such like distances, one ob. q. to Fléete
Bridge
, to Newgate, Criplegate, to Bercheouars Lane, to East-
Cheape
and Billings Gate, one penny. Also that the measurer (or
the meater) ought to haue 8.
A corne Mea
ter, 8. M. Por
ters, and 24.
Porters vnder
them, at queen
Hithe
.
chiefe Maister Porters, euery Maister
to haue 3. Porters vnder him, and euery one of them to finde
one horse, and seuen sackes, and he that so did not, to loose his Of
fice. This Hithe was then so frequented with Uessels, bringing thi
ther corne (besides fish, salt, fewell, and other marchandizes) that all
these men, to wit, the Meater, and Porters, 37. in number, for all
their charge of horses and sackes, and small stipend, liued well of
their labours: but now that case is altered: the Bakers of Lon
don
and others Citizens, trauell into the Countries, and buye
their Corne of the Farmars, after the Farmars price.
King Edward the second in the first of his raigne, gaue to
Margaret, wife to Peter de Gauestone, fortie thrée pound,
Liber Guild.
twelue
shillings nine pence ob. q. out of the rent in London, to be receiued
of the Quéenes Hithe. Certaine Inpositions were set vpon ships
and other vesselles, comming thither, as vppon Corne, Salt, and
other things, towarde the charge of clensing Roomeland there,
the 41. of Edward the 3.
The third of Edward the fourth, the Market at Quéene Hithe
being hindred by the slacknesse of drawing vp London Bridge, it
was ordeined, that all maner of Uesselles, Shippes, or Boats, great
or small, resorting to the Citie with victuall, should be sold by re
taile, and that if there came but one Uessell at a time, were it salt,
wheate, Kye, or other Corne from beyonde the Seas, or other
graines, Garlicke, Onyons, Hearings, Sprattes, Eles, Why-
U3
ting,

294
ting, Place, Cods, Mackarell, &c. then that one Uessell should
Queen Hithe
to be more
frequented of
Ships & botes
then Billings
gate
.
come
to Quéene Hithe, and there to make sale: but if two Uessailes
came, the one should come to Quéene Hithe, the other to Billings
gate
: if thrée, two of them should come to Quéene Hithe, the third to
Billings gate, &c. alwayes the more to Quéene Hithe: if the Uessell
being great, comming with sault from the Baye, and could not come
to these keyes, then the same to be conueyed by Lighters, as afore is
ment.
One large house
A garner for
corne at
Queen Hithe.
A garnar for
corne, and a
store house for
meale at
Queene Hithe
Stewe lane.
Timber Hithe.
for stowage of Corne (framed out of Lighters
and Barges) is there lately builed. Sir Iohn Lion Grocer May
or, 1554. by his Testament, gaue one hundred pound towards it,
but since increased and made larger at charges of the Citie, in the
yeare, 1565.
Next adioyning to this Quéene Hithe, on the West side
thereof, is Sault Wharffe, named of Sault taken vp, measured
and solde there. The next is Stewe lane, of a Stewe, or hotte house
there kept. After that, is Timber Hithe, or Timber stréete, so called
of Timber and Boordes there taken vp and Wharffed, it is in the
Parish of Saint Mary Somershithe, as I reade in the fiftie sixt of
Henry the third
, and in the ninth of Edward the second. Then is
Brookes wharffe, & broken wharfe, a water gate (or Keye) so called,
of béeing broken and fallen downe into the Thames. By this Bro
ken Wharffe
, remaineth one large olde building of stone, with
Arched gates, which Messuage as I finde in the raigne of Henry
the third
, the fortie thrée yeare, pertaining vnto Hugh de Bygot,
and in the eleuenth of Edward the second, to Thomas Earle of
Norffolke
, Marshall of Ireland: In the eleuenth of Henry the sixt,
to Iohn Newbery Duke of Norffolke, &c.
Within the gate of this house, (now belonging to the cittie of
London) is
An engine for
inforcing of
thames water.
lately, to wit, in the yeare, 1594. and 1595. builded
one large house, of great heigth, called an engine, made by Beuis
Bulmar
gentleman, for the conueying and forcing of Thames wa
ter to serue in the middle and West parts of the Citie. The aun
cient great Hall of this Messuage, is yet standing, and pertaining to
a great Brew-house for Béere. West from this, is Trigge lane,
going downe to the Thames, Next is called Bosse lane, of a Bosse
of water, like vnto that of Billings gate, there placed by the execu-
tors

295
tors of Richard Wittington. Then is one great messuage some
time belonging to the Abbots of Chartsey in Surrey, and was theyr
Inne, wherein they were lodged, when they repayred to the Citie:
it is now called Sandy house, by what reason I haue not heard:
I thinke the Lord Sands haue béene lodged there. And this is an
end of this Quéene Hithe Warde: which hath an Alderman and
his Deputie. Common Councell sixe. Constables nine. Skauengers
eight. Wardmete Inquest thirtéene, and a Beadle. It is taxed
to the Fiftéene in London twentie pound, and in the Exchequer at
twentie pound.

Notes

  1. Letter missing. (SM)

References

  • Stow, John, and William fitz-Stephen. Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward. The Map of Early Modern London, edited by Janelle Jenstad, U of Victoria, 15 Sep. 2020, mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm.
  • Stow, John, and William fitz-Stephen. Survey of London: Castle Baynard Ward. The Map of Early Modern London, edited by Janelle Jenstad, U of Victoria, 15 Sep. 2020, mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_CAST2.htm.
  • Stow, John, and William fitz-Stephen. Survey of London: Bridge Ward Without (Southwark). The Map of Early Modern London, edited by Janelle Jenstad, U of Victoria, 15 Sep. 2020, mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_BRID4.htm.

Cite this page

MLA citation

Stow, John, and William fitz-Stephen. Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward. The Map of Early Modern London, edited by Janelle Jenstad, U of Victoria, 15 Sep. 2020, mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm.

Chicago citation

Stow, John, and William fitz-Stephen. Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward. The Map of Early Modern London. Ed. Janelle Jenstad. Victoria: University of Victoria. Accessed September 15, 2020. https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm.

APA citation

Stow, J., & fitz-Stephen, W. 2020. Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward. In J. Jenstad (Ed), The Map of Early Modern London. Victoria: University of Victoria. Retrieved from https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm.

RIS file (for RefMan, EndNote etc.)

Provider: University of Victoria
Database: The Map of Early Modern London
Content: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

TY  - ELEC
A1  - Stow, John
A1  - fitz-Stephen, William
ED  - Jenstad, Janelle
T1  - Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward
T2  - The Map of Early Modern London
PY  - 2020
DA  - 2020/09/15
CY  - Victoria
PB  - University of Victoria
LA  - English
UR  - https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm
UR  - https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/xml/standalone/stow_1598_QUEE3.xml
ER  - 

RefWorks

RT Web Page
SR Electronic(1)
A1 Stow, John
A1 fitz-Stephen, William
A6 Jenstad, Janelle
T1 Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward
T2 The Map of Early Modern London
WP 2020
FD 2020/09/15
RD 2020/09/15
PP Victoria
PB University of Victoria
LA English
OL English
LK https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm

TEI citation

<bibl type="mla"><author><name ref="#STOW6"><surname>Stow</surname>, <forename>John</forename></name></author>, and <author><name ref="#FITZ1"><forename>William</forename> <surname>fitz-Stephen</surname></name></author>. <title level="a">Survey of London: Queenhithe Ward</title>. <title level="m">The Map of Early Modern London</title>, edited by <editor><name ref="#JENS1"><forename>Janelle</forename> <surname>Jenstad</surname></name></editor>, <publisher>U of Victoria</publisher>, <date when="2020-09-15">15 Sep. 2020</date>, <ref target="https://mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm">mapoflondon.uvic.ca/stow_1598_QUEE3.htm</ref>.</bibl>

Personography

Locations