Capel’s House
Capel’s House, or Capel Court, was so named after Sir William Capel, mayor of london in 1503. The location was referred to as
Ship Courtor
Ship Yardin the seventeenth and eigheteenth centuries and
Black Swan Yardor
Black Swan Yard, formerly Ship Yardaround 1775 (Harben 122). Henry Harben notes that
[t]his house stood on the site of the Stock Exchange at the end of Capel Court(Harben 122). The location of Capel’s House was directly west of the Abbot of St. Alban’s Inn and east of where Saint Bartholomew Lane meets Bread Street.
References
-
Citation
Harben, Henry A. A Dictionary of London. London: Herbert Jenkins, 1918.This item is cited in the following documents: