Fraternity of the Trinity

The Fraternity of the Trinity was, according to Stow, established in 1466 under King Edward IV. A History of the Country of London contends that the fraternity was founded at the request of Elizabeth Woodville and must have been already in existence in 1422, prior to its association with Leadenhall. From 1466, the Fraternity of the Trinity was in order in Leadenhall until the brief reign of King Edward VI when, under the counsel of Thomas Cranmer, the King signed the Abolition of the Chantries Act in 1547 (Colleges: Fraternity of the Holy Trinity).