WAlbrooke warde beginneth at the Weſt end of Candlewicke ſtreete ward. It runneth downe Candlewick ſtreet weſt towards Budge row. It hath on the northſide thereof S. Swithens lane, ſo called of S. Swithens a pariſh Church by London ſtone: This lane is repleniſhed on both the ſides with faire builded houſes, and is wholy of Walbrooke warde.
- Stow, John. A Survey of London. Reprinted from the Text of 1603. Ed. Charles Lethbridge Kingsford. 2 vols. Oxford: Clarendon, 1908. Print. [Also available as a reprint from Elibron Classics (2001). Articles written before 2011 cite from the print edition by volume and page number.]
Last modification: 2014-02-03 15:57:23 -0800 (Mon, 03 Feb 2014) (mholmes)