Love Lane (Coleman Street)
According to Stow, on the East side of Coleman Street,
almost at the North end thereof, is the Armourers Hall, which companie of Armourers were made a fraternitie or Guild of Saint George, with a Chantrie in the Chapple of saint Thomas in Paules Church, in the first of Henrie the sixt. Also on the same side, is kings Alley, and Loue lane, both containing many tenements.Both of these streets appear on the Map of Tudor London.
This article is a stub. The editors are seeking a full-length encyclopedia-style entry for this item. To contribute, see Contribute to MoEML.
- Historical Towns Trust. A Map of Tudor London, 1520. Oxford: Old House, 2013.
Last modification: 2016-02-27 17:20:00 -0800 (Sat, 27 Feb 2016) (jtakeda)